Head of Renewable Energy, London
Location: London, City (EC3N)
Salary: Competitive salary and package (depending on qualifications and experience)
Contract type: Permanent
Working hours: Full Time
Advanta Global Services
Established in 2003, Advanta Global Services provides independent loss adjusting, forensic accounting, project monitoring and risk surveying services to insurance and reinsurance companies worldwide. Combining highly developed technical skills and extensive international experience Advanta continually strive to refine services to meet and exceed clients’ expectations.
As experts in large and complex claims, often generated by multinational projects and operational risks Advanta partner with clients offering unparalleled advice and essential insight. Advanta play a proactive role in resolving claims and ensuring consistently high quality of service in order to maintain trusted status within the international community.
The candidate would be responsible for conducting and supervising renewable energy claims and pre-risk surveys generated from the UK and overseas insurance markets.
This position is based at our headquarters in London and will require travel (both domestically and internationally) for BD, fieldwork and management activities.
The Head of Renewable Energy will be responsible for coordinating work between existing clients and will help to develop and execute a BD strategy to grow the Renewables division. The successful applicant will liaise between the regional and global Advanta offices in order to ensure that client requirements are met and a high standard of work is delivered consistently.
The Head of Renewable Energy will have responsibility for the following activities:
• Implementing and developing Advanta best practice.
• Reviewing and assessing claims’ and clients’ requirements and preparing project plans.
• With the support of the marketing team coordinating all marketing requirements.
• Following up on speaking or sponsorship opportunities at global Renewable Energy seminars to increase the market awareness of Advanta’s renewables capabilities.
• Following up on leads from existing clients and developing client relationships.
• Identifying new clients / leads to develop the global renewables client list.
• Driving the generation of new work by arranging marketing trips and meetings with Insurers, Brokers and Claims Settling Agents.
• Creating and maintaining daily, weekly and monthly reports as required.
• Reviewing team performance on an ongoing basis and addressing resourcing or performance issues where necessary.
• Ensuring all energy personnel are provided with the necessary academic literature or key resources in order to be successful and develop in their roles.
• Capturing and compiling market information and circulating amongst global teams.
• Addressing any issues on behalf of local team.
• Ensuring that the local offices remain connected with the London market.
Skills / Experience / Requirements:
Applicants must be authorised to work in the UK without restrictions.
Ideal applicants will have:
• Loss Adjusting and Surveying experience. Professional qualifications (CILA, ACII)
• A strong background or education in some or all the types of renewables claims.
• Technical experience working on renewables claims or in the renewables industry.
• Familiarity with the London insurance and reinsurance markets.
• Experience of leading meetings and discussing claims with senior personnel (ideally from the insurance industry).
What you will receive in return:
• Competitive salary with annual review and discretionary bonus.
• Ongoing development and training.
• Growing business resulting in genuine future progression opportunities.
• Great employee benefits following probation.
• Challenging, fast paced but rewarding and friendly team to work with.
In case you encounter any technical issues, please send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org