Head of Marine - LondonLocation: London, City (EC3N)
Salary: Competitive salary and package (depending on qualifications and experience)
Contract type: Permanent with 6 months’ probation period
Working hours: Core business hours of 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday. Additional hours as required.
Advanta Global Services:
Established in 2003, Advanta Global Services provides independent loss adjusting, forensic accounting, project monitoring and risk surveying services to insurance and reinsurance companies worldwide. Combining highly developed technical skills and extensive international experience Advanta continually strive to refine services to meet and exceed clients’ expectations.
As experts in large and complex claims, often generated by multinational projects and operational risks Advanta partner with clients offering unparalleled advice and essential insight. Advanta play a proactive role in resolving claims and ensuring consistently high quality of service in order to maintain trusted status within the international community.
The Head of Marine, London would be responsible for conducting and supervising marine cargo, hull and liability claims generated from the London market.
This position is based at our headquarters in London but will require travel for BD, fieldwork and management activities.
The Head of Marine, London will be responsible for coordinating work between existing clients and will help to develop and execute a BD strategy to grow the newly formed Marine division. The successful applicant will liaise between the regional and global Advanta offices in order to ensure that client requirements are met and a high standard of work is delivered consistently.
The Head of Marine, London have responsibility for the following activities:
- Implementing and developing Advanta best practice.
- Reviewing survey and claim requirements, client requirements and preparing project plans.
- Assessing and evaluating marine cargo, hull and liability claims.
- With the support of the marketing team coordinating all marine marketing requirements.
- Following up on speaking or sponsorship opportunities at global Marine seminars to increase the market awareness of Advanta’s marine capabilities.
- Following up on leads from existing clients and developing client relationships.
- Identifying new clients / leads to develop the global marine client list.
- Driving the generation of new work by arranging marketing trips and meetings with Insurers, Brokers and Claims Settling Agents.
- Creating and maintaining daily, weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Reviewing team performance on an ongoing basis and addressing resourcing or performance issues where necessary.
- Ensuring all marine personnel are provided with the necessary academic literature or key resources in order to be successful and develop in their roles.
- Capturing and compiling market information and circulating amongst global marine teams.
- Addressing any issues on behalf of local marine team.
- Ensuring that the local offices remain connected with the London market.
Skills / Experience / Requirements:
Applicants must be authorised to work in the UK without restrictions.
Ideal applicants will have:
- Loss Adjusting and Survey experience / qualifications.
- A strong background or education in some or all the types of marine claims.
- Technical experience working on marine claims or in the marine industry.
- Familiarity with the London insurance market.
- Experience of leading meetings and discussing claims with senior personnel (ideally from the insurance industry).
- PEQ in claims, Marine and / or Insurance would be an added advantage.
What you will receive in return:
- Competitive salary with annual review and discretionary bonus.
- Ongoing development and training.
- Growing business resulting in genuine future progression opportunities.
- Great employee benefits including health insurance following probation.
- Challenging, fast paced but rewarding and friendly environment to work in.
In case you encounter any technical issues, please send your details to email@example.com